JUDY: FINAL NOTES
NEW Judy GARLAND recordings
Unreleased, private recordings from the collection of JOHN MEYER, whose memoir, Heartbreaker, details his tumultuous affair with the star.
JOHN narrates his story, which features:
1) JUDY at an after-hours party, singing, telling stories and doing a satiric impression of Marlene Dietrich.
2) Five out-takes of JOHN’S song, I’d Like to Hate Myself in the Morning, from JUDY’S London booking at The Talk of the Town. Plus one complete performance.
3) JUDY on the phone with booker BOB SHANKS of the Merv Griffin TV show.
3a) JUDY on the phone with arranger MORT LINDSEY.
4) JOHN on the phone with composer HAROLD ARLEN ("Over the Rainbow"). Arlen advises how to deal with JUDY.
5) JOHN’S tribute song to JUDY, "When Do the Words come True?" Sung by MARGARET WHITING.